I am one of those people who quote movies, and TV Shows as often as I can even when I know no one gets what I’m saying. But I’ll tell you what, the best moment in a conversation is when you quote something, and someone you didn’t expect plays along. You suddenly feel connected to this person in a very strange yet personal way. Some of these are funny, others might make you tear up, and the others you might not get at all. There are a few that if you don’t know instantly what I am talking about I need to re-think our friend ship. So here we go, in no particular order; My Favorite Quotes from TV Shows:
- “Bears, Beats, Battle Star Gallaticia.” – The Office.
- **Note – please don’t take offence to this one. “God Damn Stupid Bitch!” – Always Sunny in Philadelphia. (This is the one with the Health Inspector and Dea doesn’t move the back dumpster for Charlie. This is one of my and Arron’s catch phrases.)
- Joey :”…this is all a moo point” Rachel: “Huh. A moo point?” Joey: “Yeah, it’s like a cow’s opinion. It just doesn’t matter. It’s moo. ” (The one where Chandler doesn’t like dogs – Friends.)
- Winston: “… Ain’t no way in hell I got a cat brothel going on in my room and I’m the only normal person in this loft.” (New Girl – “The Captain”)
- George: “I was in the pool!” (Seinfeld – The Hampton’s. I’m hoping I don’t have to explain what he is taking about. If you can’t figure it out, he is taking about “shrinkage”)
- Rory Gilmore’s entire graduation speech when she was valedictorian. *Que the tears. Watch the clip here: (a picture just wont do it) If you don’t know this show very well you might not feel the feels that come with this. But if you do know the show you know where the tissues are.
- Charlie: “Bird Law in this country..” (Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and I can’t count how many time this was said in the many seasons of this show. Anything to do with Bird Law really. “
- “Don’t blink. Blink and you’re dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don’t turn your back. Don’t look away. And Don’t Blink. Good luck.” – Doctor Who (10th Doctor) Don’t Blink. The tenth doctor warning about the most dangerous creatures to ever touch this earth. The weeping Angels. Don’t blink.
- Monica: “Married a lesbian; left a guy standing at the altar; married a gay ice dancer; threw a girl’s wooden leg in a fire; lives in a box!” (Friends. The one with Chandler In a Box. This is when Monica is fed up about the comments about inviting Richards son to thanksgiving, and takes stabs at everyone in their group. If you needed help figuring out what insult goes with who this is the order: Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler. )
- Walter: “Excellent. Let’s make some LSD”. (The first ever episode of Fringe and the moment we fell in love with this crazy old man named Walter Bishop. Who knew he would go to win our hearts, then break them, just to go win us over again. )
I hope you all liked this, and hopefully it gave you a chuckle on a bad or mediocre day. I’m going to do better about posting. My goal is to get one up every Monday. Why Monday you ask? Well Monday’s usually suck and hopefully I can help make your day less sucky. Let me know what you want to see from me!
Follow me on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lifeofkimmay (@lifeofkimmay)
See you all next week!