This morning I woke up with a pressure headache and didn’t want to do anything. I took it easy for awhile and then headed over to my dad’s house for a few hours. We talked about the venue we want for our wedding, our dogs, and who knows what else. I had a great time and headed home.
Meal prep time! I’m trying to get the hang of this whole meal prep thing and I think this week was my biggest success yet. Homemade pizza hot pockets, a salad and some chicken stir fry with steamed broccoli. It only took me under an hour which is the fastest meal prep yet. I’m mostly doing it for convenience at work and hopefully it will save some money in the long run. It also helps me eat healthier and that’s always a good thing. Now I just need the energy to clean the kitchen again, I kind of destroyed it while meal prepping.
Now I’m sitting on the couch and I’m fighting the urge to watch the new episode of Last Man Standing and seeing if there are new episodes of Fixer Upper on HGTV, (You’re welcome Arron.)
My head ache started to kick back in and this lead to me to think about all the things Arron usually does that I definitely miss these last few days and that I know I will miss tomorrow and the next day. It’s hard to see all the little things someone does until they aren’t there to do them. Thank you for all you do babe, you are my superhero.
- He takes Melody out when I don’t feel good
- That he will make me literally anything I want for lunch no matter what I’m craving
- The trash is full today and I realized that I never take the trash out, he always does it because he knows how much I hate it
- He talks me into taking a nap when I have a migraine, no matter how much I persist that it wont help, but it always does.
- He tells me to sit on the couch and take a break when I feel like I need to get everything done in an hour.
- If I need something for my meal prep or dinner he would go to the store and grab it. He knows how much I loath going to Kroger.
- I realized that he is the one who keeps the dog food full. Feeding Melody this weekend it hit me that I haven’t filled her bowl in weeks, Arron always does.
- He helps me fold laundry when I put it off to the last minute before I go to bed
- He listens to me talk and talk and talk when I don’t even have anything to say.
- His basketball references and his coach “Pop” pep talks.
I feel like sometimes I take him for granted, all the little things he does without me ever having to ask. This weekend has made me appreciate it so much more. The next couple days will be strange as well. I’m not used to cooking dinner on weekdays, he always takes care of it, another thing I take for granted. If you’re reading this babe thank you for all you do, and I promise I will actually take the trash out today and not just leave it on the porch like I usually do.
Today is almost over and tomorrow I’ll be back at work. Stay turned for another day of Home Alone.